WELCOME TO OUR FIRST UPDATE
Novō is all about the pursuit of a clear vision – the vision of creating transformational communities in developing nations where hurting and broken people can find healing, wholeness and hope. Our hope is that these updates will be engaging, punchy, story-rich, and authentic the Novō story. Our desire is that you’ll enjoy and be encouraged by them!
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS NOVŌ?
Is it needed? Why is it kicking-off in Bolivia? The short film below goes some way towards answering those questions and, along the way, will introduce you to some of the individuals we believe God is calling us to help. Watch the short film below to find out more:
PROGRESS SO FAR…
We’ve been laying foundations for Novō for nearly four years now and have been blown-away by the ways in which God has moved to prepare the way for us to open the doors of the first Novō community, here in Santa Cruz, during the fall/autumn. There’s still lots to do but a number of the key elements are in place:
* We have a strong leadership team in Andy Partington, Myron Penner & Warren McCaig.
* José-Ernesto Zardan Simoni (who will serve as the Director of the first Novō community) is currently completing an 8-month training placement at Yeldall Manor, renowned Christian drug & alcohol rehabilitation centre in the UK.
* Rachel Burton, a former member of the therapeutic team at Yeldall Manor, has joined us in a full-time programme design and staff equipping role.
* We have registered Novō Communities as a limited liability company are in the process of registering as an Asociación Civil (a registered charity) in Bolivia.
* We have a strong network of local church, commercial and official contacts here in Bolivia.
* We are an official project of the EFCCM (Evangelical Free Church of Canada Mission).
* We are registered with the Charities Commission in the UK.
* We have secured a superb home called Quinta Totaices for the first Novō community here in Santa Cruz.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
To turn vision into reality we need your help! As we move forward we want to do so together with a team of friends and supporters who will, together with us, will form ‘Team Novō’ by:
FOLLOWING & SHARING
Just by reading these updates and taking a keen interest in the work here you are encouraging us and making a contribution to the development of Novō. If you tell others about Novō, and get them following too, all the better!
We firmly believe that “unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labour in vain” (Psalm 127:1). Whether regularly or occasionally, please pray with us that in and through Novō, God’s Kingdom will come and His will be done!
We need small teams of men and women who can invest practically on the ground here in Santa Cruz.
We are looking for those who will partner with us financially, whether through a one-off gift or a regular monthly donation. All the information you need to do this (in the UK and Canada) is below.
To donate through direct deposit, set-up a re-occurring monthly gift, or make an online donation, please go to:
Please designate all donations (which are fully receiptable) to account #2-5020.
All cheques should be made out to the EFCCM (with a separate note of designation to account #2-5020) and can be sent to: EFCCM Box 850, Langley Stn, LCD 1, Langley B.C. V3A -8S6.
You can set-up a regular gift or make a one-off donation through Stewardship Services (UKET)
Please send cheques to:
11 Emmets Nest